TOURNAMENT GUIDELINES AND REGISTRATION
The Christian Brotherhood of the Gulf Coast presents the Fishers of Men Fishing Tournament. All proceeds from this tournament benefit GOD’S WORK through and hosted by First Baptist Church Gulf Shores Alabama Outreach Services. It will provide assistance to victims of child abuse, assault and domestic violence ,churches and families needs and also provide education in the (CDC) school, 831 House and other areas throughout the community to raise awareness of GOD’S WORK.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION (Registration Donations Include Breakfast and Dinner fish fry FEAST following tournament)
DATE: Saturday April 16 th TIME: 6:00 am LOCATION: First Baptist Church (Blessing of the Fleet & Sweet Breakfast)
$20 Per person DONATIONS before April 1st – $30 after April 10th Everyone that is registered by April 1st gets a FREE T-SHIRT Breakfast & Dinner.
Children 16 & under $10 before April 1st – $15 after April 10th FISHES & LOAVES FEAST 6:00pm
CELEBRATION AND AWARDS WILL BE HELD AT FIRST BAPTIST
CHURCH, GULF SHORES WITH THOUSANDS OF STORIES, AWARDS AND PRIZES
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS – ALL STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS APPLY
TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 7:00 AM AND ENDS AT 2:00 PM APRIL 17, 2010 – WEIGH-IN IS FROM 2:00 PM TO 4:00 PM ON THE DAY OF TOURNAMENT. YOU MUST BE ON THE
WEIGH-IN PREMISIE WITH YOUR FISH BY 4:00 PM. WEIGH IN LOCATION IS: SPORTSMAN MARINA, GULF SHORES MARINA, ALL FISH CAUGHT WILL BE DONATED TO THE FISHES & LOVES FEAST OR AS NEEDED AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GULF SHORES.
• Each fish must be weighed in by the Person who caught it.
• Fish that are not fresh or in good condition will be disqualified. All decisions made by the Weigh master and/or his assistants are final.
• All fish MUST be caught during the tournament hours on hook and line in Federal or state Saltwater’s.
• To qualify for the awards, all fish weighed in at tournament must be no less than a minimum of one pound with the exception of Junior’s
• There is no minimum weight for the Junior Angler category fish, but it must meet any minimum size limits specified by the ALABAMA LAW – MRD
• Only legal Redfish (16″Minimum with pinched tail) will be weighed in the tournaments.
• No flounder less than 12 inches. No Speckled Trout under 14 inches.
• NOTE: ANY category fish may be weighed in as a Big Fish Contest entry (1.) Redfish ( 2.) Speckle trout (3.) Flounder (4.) White trout (5.) Sheephead (6) Bluefish (7) Croaker (8) Trigger (9) King (10) Cobia,.
• In case of a tie, the first fish weighed in wins.
• Tournaments will not be canceled due to weather conditions (except when tropical storm or hurricane conditions are predicted or expected by the NWS )
• Participants shall fish at their own risk and should use good judgment when and where to fish.
• Competition is open to all Churches members AND GUEST (with paid registration prior to tournament day) For their spouses and children under 16 years of age.
• PLEASE make a note to the Weigh master of YOUR name and phone # when you & dependants (spouse or children) enter a fish.
• For our BROTHERHOOD tournament the top places in each category must be present to receive Awards at the FISH & LOAVES CELEBRATION DINNER FEAST after the official weigh in.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Under no circumstances will the FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF GULF SHORES (FBC) be responsible for the welfare of any participants, guests, or equipment while
attending or after engaging in FNBC tournament, The FBC encourages safety, and assumes no responsibility for participating fishers or their equipment. It is not worth risking life and property to get a plaque. Booking only confirmed after payment has been received (Entry donations include Awards Prizes breakfast and fishes and loaves dinner feast following tournament)
FISH ALABAMA STATE & FEDREAL SALTWATERS BY BOATS, PIER, SHORELINE, KAYAK, Open participation to everyone! Bring your friends!
More information can be found at http://www.fbcgulf.com.
This entry was posted in Action Charter Service, Alabama, Fishers of Men Fishing Tournament, Gulf Shores, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and tagged Alabama, booking, First Baptist Church, First Baptist Church Gulf Shores Alabama Outreach Services, Fishers of Men Fishing Tournament, FISHES & LOAVES FEAST, fishing tournament, Gulf Shores, Gulf Shores Marina, Sportsman Marina. Bookmark the permalink.
Check out the Fishing Seasons in the Gulf of Mexico and plan your trip around the fish you want!